Terms and Conditions
By making a booking with Thames Rockets Ltd ("TR") you acknowledge that you have read, understand and
agree to be bound by these terms and conditions during your time with us.
These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim
brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
The London Eye Millennium Pier is operated by EDF Energy London Eye who are operated by Merlin Entertainment
Group. TR shall not be liable to any passenger whilst on The London Eye Millennium Pier or surrounding areas.
St Katharine’s Pier is operated by St Katharine’s Marina Ltd. TR shall not be liable to any passenger whilst on
St Katharine’s Pier or surrounding areas.
TR cruises are operated by Thames Rockets Ltd. Merlin Entertainment and St Katharine’s Marina Ltd shall not be
liable to any passenger on TR, for any loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with or as a consequence
of the operation of TR including, but not being limited to, loss of profit, damage to or loss of property or items belonging
to the passenger and any personal injury to the passenger (but only so far as such injury is not caused by TR’s
Tickets may be purchased either individually or a vessel may be hired exclusively (referred to as a "Private Charter").
The maximum number of persons allowed per boat is twelve or 12 (babies, toddlers and third party tour guides all count
towards this final and maximum passenger number). Unless a boat has been chartered, groups of 12 persons will not
always travel in the same boat, unless previously arranged with TR.
All persons cruising on the vessel must pay for admission prior to boarding. Tickets must be retained at all times and
submitted for inspection if required by any employee or agent of TR. Any person attempting to gain admission to the
vessel without a valid ticket may be ejected from the vessel and its vicinity.
- All bookings are non-refundable. Payment is due at the time of booking. Due to the nature of the business
when bookings are confirmed TR immediately incur expenses and costs directly relating to your booking
whilst we prepare for your arrival.
- All bookings are non-transferable, except at the complete discretion of TR. Only in extenuating
circumstances will bookings be considered for transfer and where at least a minimum of 48 hours notice of
request is given via email, please note an administrative fee may apply of up to 50%.
- A minimum of eight passengers is permitted for each sailing, except at the absolute discretion of TR. Vessels
that are not filled by the minimum number will be rescheduled. Passengers will be contacted to arrange an
alternate date and/or time to travel.
- TR reserve the right to move your booking time or day due to operational needs or due to other
company commitments. Sometimes governing bodies involved with the business may result in such changes
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that TR operates. However, we reserve the right, in our
absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to cancel any
cruise at the say so of the Head Master. In the event of such cancellation, TR will fully refund any visitor
whose ride is cancelled, the cost of his or her prepaid ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatsoever,
including liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of the cancellation.
- In the unlikely event that the vessel has to make an emergency return to The London Eye Millennium Pier
(or any other along route) TR will not be liable for replacement tickets and/or refunds.
- All prices are in pounds sterling, no VAT is added to any booking.
- TR reserve the right, where necessary to deviate from a vessel's planned route. Please be aware, the river
and river usage will on occasion dictate delays or alterations to the publicised route, where possible customers
will be advised of any changes prior to sailing.
- Due to the nature of the business sailing times cannot be guaranteed, however, every effort will be made to
keep on schedule.
- Speed restrictions apply at certain points along the river, TR work closely with the Port of London Authority "PLA", the Wapping River Police and Maritime Costal Agency "MCA" to ensure we maintain high levels of customer comfort and safety.
- All passengers should arrive at The London Eye Millennium Pier (or alternate embark pier where prior
agreement has been made) no less than 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
- Please be aware if you miss your scheduled departure you will not be eligible for a later booking or
refund. If you are not present upon check-in for your pre-booked departure time our boarding team will
endeavour to contact you, please ensure you provide us with a mobile telephone number that your lead
passenger will have with them on the booking day.
- TR will prioritise all customers against their booking times and never allow late running customers to have
an impact on later departure times. TR are not responsible for factors out of our control, for example; late
running commuter services, traffic or parking difficulties (this is not an exhaustive list).
- From time to time TR reserve the right to change the vessel your party are booked on, this will not affect
passenger numbers or enjoyment of experience/transfer times.
- In the unlikely event of technical difficulties/technical failure regarding the on board sound system, TR will
not be liable for replacement tickets and/or refunds.
- On occasion TR may act as a managing agent for larger group bookings where boats may be supplied by
alternate companies. In this instance you will be covered by their insurance, duty of care and terms and
conditions. TR will not be liable for third party bookings.
- Breakdowns occur from time to time. In the event of a breakdown during a passage any action taken is at the
sole discretion of the skipper. Passenger relocations or good will gestures will be reviewed on a ‘case by case’
basis by the office team once the nature of the breakdown and its impact on the trip have been fully
- ‘Skyline 360’ is operated and managed exclusively by Capital Attraction Partners, please contact the designated representative Erskine Berry on +44 (0) 207 438 2061 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Conditions & Pregnancy
- The decision to sail and the consequences of doing so are entirely at the passenger's own risk. TR does not
accept any liability for personal injury, or injury to others and/or loss or damage.
- Without exception, expectant mothers are not permitted onboard at any stage of their pregnancy.
- TR advises you NOT to travel if you have any historical or current backbone conditions or complaints. Be
advised the river is an ever changing environment and the vessel may be subject to unpredictable
movements. We are not medical experts so are unable to assess every situation individually; we simply advise
you do not travel with us.
- If you have any historical or current backbone conditions or heart complaints and are happy to sail, you MUST
inform your guide when prompted before departure and complete a medical disclaimer agreeing you are fit to
travel with TR.
- All boats can experience unpredictable movements that could aggravate existing medical conditions. You
must inform us of any material fact, including medical conditions or disabilities, which may affect the skipper's
decision to carry you as a passenger, especially epilepsy, dizzy spells, diabetes, angina or any other heart
conditions, back/bone conditions and pregnancy (this is not an exhaustive list).
Clothing and safety equipment
- TR recommend your party to “dress for the weather" bearing in mind it is usually cooler on the river compared
to the shoreside. All passengers should arrive in suitable attire which will not be damaged by exposure to river
water or sunlight and in extreme circumstances hail or snow.
- TR will make every effort to protect passengers possessions from getting wet whilst on the river. However,
it is possible that passengers will experience spray from the river or in some cases water on the deck. TR
cannot take responsibility for any item of luggage or clothing damaged in these circumstances.
- All guests in your party will be offered a sailing jacket (and where necessary waterproof trousers and goggles)
which they may or may not wish to wear. Life jackets are provided and must be worn at all times. Your guide
will give a full safety briefing which will include full instruction on the inflation of life jackets in the event of an
- Please note if life jackets are manually inflated and/or damaged with intent and where no emergency has
taken place, as lead name on this booking you will be charged £50.00 per jacket.
- All wet weather and safety equipment must be returned to TR at the end of your experience with us. TR will
consider any items removed from the boarding area or vessel as stolen and issue a payment request to the
lead passenger as a direct result.
- TR accepts no responsibility if any personal belongings are damaged, lost or stolen at any time whilst on the
Comfort and Wellbeing
Passengers will not be permitted to board if TR find that individual has:
- been convicted of a criminal offence which, in the opinion of TR, is likely to affect the safety or
enjoyment of other visitors
- behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of TR has, or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of
- used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a
manner which may provoke a breach of the peace.
- shown signs of discourtesy, abuse or aggression to TR crew.
- TR prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken onto the vessel, visitors are admitted
subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be
- It is prohibited to take onto the vessel any weapons including fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles,
flammable liquids or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article from vessels is strictly
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on the vessel itself, on The London Eye Millennium Pier and on the boarding
platform leading to the vessel.
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited on the vessel unless previously agreed with TR. TR reserve the right to
disembark any passenger at any time during the passage without payment of compensation if found
- Passengers deemed intoxicated will be denied entry at the complete discretion of TR.
- Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited on the vessel itself and the boarding platform leading
to the vessel (except for guide dogs and hearing dogs) without the express permission of TR.
- Unnecessary noise, (such as that from the use of radio sets and other electrical equipment), or any behaviour
likely to cause annoyance to other visitors or confusion of any kind is not permitted on or in the vicinity of the
- TR request you are respectful of our staff, other passengers and neighbours. Whilst onboard please refrain
from offering obscurities, profanities or any indecent hand/body gestures to members of the public or other
- No food or beverage of any nature may be consumed on the boat itself or on the boarding platform leading to
the boat without express permission of TR.
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from TR’s negligence, TR, its employees or agents
shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation any
distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any cruise undertaken and/or during
evacuation from the vessel in the event of breakdown or accident.
- TR cannot be held responsible for weather conditions during your experience. Without exception poor
weather will not be deemed a valid reason to authorise relocation of any booking.
- Children are deemed to be 14 years and young, any person with a child ticket must be accompanied by a
responsible adult at all times.
- Passengers must remain seated at all times during their experience except when directly instructed by a
representative of TR that it is safe to embark/disembark.
- We cannot take wheelchairs on-board our vessels, however disabled guests are welcomed but should
be advised will need to come out of their chair (with their carers assistance) to board the vessel and must
be able to sit unaided on-board. Our crew will assist where possible but unfortunately cannot carry guests onboard.
Private Transfers and Charters
- All vessels will be hired on a "Private Charter" basis. The maximum number of persons allowed per boat is
twelve or 12.
- A vessel may only be privately chartered by persons aged 18 years or over.
- Please note Child:Adult ratio’s (without exception) are as follows, under 6 years = 3 adults, 7 to 12 years = 2 adults, 12+ = 1 adult.
- No ticket/booking may be resold without the previous written consent of TR. If TR reasonably believes that
a ticket has been resold without such consent, the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the vessel
without payment of compensation.
- TR are able to suggest approximate timings based on the logistics of your booking, however, where there
are elements out of our control we kindly recommend you contact all other event organisers and transport
providers to check your specific timings independently prior to confirming your booking with TR. TR will be
held responsible for their service only.
- Hand Luggage (up to rucksack).
There is sufficient room onboard to keep hand luggage with you.
- Large luggage (suitcases).
Please contact the office at least 24 hours prior to your trip date in order to make prior arrangements.
- Buggies and Wheelchairs
Please contact the office at least 24 hours prior to your trip date to arrange storage of items.
- TR will not be responsible for any belongings left behind and advise passengers to take all valuable
- Please note where your disembark location is not The London Eye Millennium Pier, all belongs need be taken
onboard with you.
- From time to time TR or other authorised parties will carry out photography and/or video recording and/or
other monitoring on or in the vicinity of the vessel which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and
conditions, you agree that TR or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional,
advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials
rests with TR or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- TR allow customers to take their own photography from their seats. We are not liable for any damage to
equipment during this operation. Where customers request our employee to use their camera/recording
equipment TR will not be liable for any damage incurred as a result.
- Gift vouchers can be purchased on an individual or charter basis online or over the telephone.
- Ensure to pre-book by telephone to avoid disappointment.
- All vouchers are valid for a full twelve months from the date of issue, booked and sailing date within
this period, accept where vouchers are sold on a promotional basis with individual terms.
- An extension of six months can be applied for but will incur a 20% administration fee as standard, but the
voucher has to be active (in date) in order to apply this. Up to two extensions can be applied for, after this time
vouchers will automatically expire.
- Reseller/Third party/Agent vouchers will expire as per their booking terms and conditions.
- Any third party vouchers being redeemed must be handed to a member of TR staff on the day of sailing if
specifically requested in the TR booking confirmation. Failure to produce any requested vouchers/tokens will
result in the lead passenger’s card being charged at the equivalent value.
Complaints and Feedback
- Any passenger complaints should be brought to the attention of the crew on the day of your booking.
Following this, any further complaint should be put in to writing no less than seven days following your
experience to email@example.com.
- Compliments and general feedback will be gratefully accepted to the same email address.
- TR endeavours to respond to your correspondence within 72 hours, however, on occasion and where an
internal investigation is necessary this can take longer.
- ‘Skyline 360’ is operated and managed exclusively by Capital Attraction Partners, please send feedback to the designated representative Erskine Berry on firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Customers Only
- Unless a credit account has been agreed, all orders must be accompanied by payment in full. We reserve the
right to clear cheques before releasing vouchers/confirming bookings. Where payment is to be made by
cheque, make payable to "London RIB Voyages Limited".
- For credit account holders, payment should be made within 15 days of receipt of invoice. Late payment of
invoices will result in the removal of any discount/credit offered. Vouchers are not sold on a sale or return
- For amended bookings your commission should be added to the total quoted and/or invoiced amount prior to
quoting your clients.
- No ticket may be resold without the previous written consent of TR. If TR reasonably believes that a ticket
has been resold without such consent, the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the vessel without
payment of compensation.
- Prices shown are in pounds sterling, no VAT is applicable. Where overseas transactions are being processed
you should ensure the amount received covers the invoice in its entirety, taking into account current exchange
- You will be responsible at all times for the behaviour and conduct of your clients and/or guests. It is your duty
to ensure they have received and understood the terms and conditions prior to sailing.
You may not use or adopt any of our trading names, trademarks, promotional images or other intellectual
property rights (or those of any of our businesses) without having first obtained our written consent.
- You may not produce, distribute or otherwise use any such materials without our prior written approval.
- You will not use any such marks in combination with any other mark, name, word, device, symbol or
logo without our prior written approval
- You will use such marks (including as respects colour, printing, style, typeface and proportion) only in
the form directed by us.
- You will not do anything that in our absolute opinion could bring any such mark, us or our shareholders
into disrepute or damage the goodwill attaching to any such mark or us.
- TR vessels are licensed to sail at night. In the event of an evening/night passage all passengers will be
provided with lifejackets containing a safety light.
- Visibility when embarking/disembarking is greatly reduced at certain piers. Failure to follow crew or skipper
instructions could lead to injury. Should injury occur where instructions have been ignored or not been followed
TR will not accept responsibility.
- Where visibility is reduced, TR will make every effort to provide sufficient lighting for the safety of our